Choptones Brit 1987 - Rig Library
Brit 1987 is the TH-U expansion library, created by Choptones, seeking to recreate the sound of a Marshall 1987X*. After re-tubing their faithful 1987x with Svetlana EL-34 for the power amp and JJ for the pre amp, Choptones engineers captured different tones using all kind of possible combinations giving you best rigs on the market.
The Brit 1987 library contains 84 rigs, which have been captured using the following gear*:
- Marshall 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12M, G12T75, G12C, G12EVH
- Marshall 4x12 loaded with Scumback M75
- EVH 5150III 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12EVH
- Soldano 4x12 loaded with Eminence Legend V12
- Bogner 4x12 loaded with Celestion V30
- Mesa Boogie 4x12 loaded with Celestion V30
- Custom Audio Amplifiers 4x12 loaded with Celestion Creamback 75
- Marshall 2x12 loaded with Celestion V30, G12T75
- Fender Bassman Cab
- Shure SM7, SM57
- Beyerdynamic M160
- Sennheiser MD421, MD409
- Neumann U87
- Royer R121
- AKG C414
- Heil PR30
- MXR Modified OD
- Mesa Flux Drive
- MXR Berzerker OD
- CLAnalog The Gentlefuzz
- Ibanez TS9
- Fender Malmsteen OD
- DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Signature
- Marshall Bluesbreaker
- Boss HM2 Heavy Metal
- Mesa Grid Slammer
- MXR Wylde OD
The Overloud proprietary technology allows our engineers to capture the response of an entire rig, including the nonlinear and dynamic response of the amplifier, the cabinet, the microphones, the mic preamplifier and the room sound.
The Rig Player, integrated into TH-U, allows you to reproduce any nuance of the sampled rigs.
ALSO ON iOS
This library is available on iPhone and iPad for the THU App & Plug-in.
Get it in the App Store
If you already own the library for Mac or Windows, you can extend the license for iOS at just $1
HOW TO USE IT
This Rig Library can be loaded into any TH-U edition.
If you don't own TH-U, then by purchasing this library you will receive a TH-U Essential License for free.
WATCH THIS TUTORIAL FOR A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON THE RIG PLAYER
How to Install
1. Drag the library file into TH-U
2. Enter the serial number you have received after purchasing the library