Legendary Tube Compressor-Limiter
beyond the original hardware.
COMP670: Legendary Tube Compressor Limiter
Comp670 is the Overloud recreation of a very rare legendary tube compressor. It has a unique and distinctive tone thanks to large amount of transformers in the signal chain which gives it a very warm tone.
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the original unit thanks to the 4th generation dsp technology
- Three different units recreated, with multiple dynamics and coloration
- Built-in Parallel Compression
- Soft-knee / hard-knee control with the additional DC Threshold parameter
- Built-in filters on the Sidechain
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
Comp670 extends the features of the original hardware: it combines the flexibility of the digital world to the sound character of the analog processing.
Select one of the three units sampled in London, Los Angeles and Milan studio, each one with its personality and unique tone.
You can tweak a Low Cut filter on the Sidechain to reduce the compressor sensitivity to low frequencies. This is particularly useful to control the amount of "pumping" effect.
Parallel compression is a powerful mixing technique which helps improve the overall impact of the track while leaving the transients intact. It is achieved by summing the compressor output to the original track
THREE UNITS IN ONE PLUGIN
From the '50s to nowadays, each original unit has been serviced multiple times: it has its own history and component tolerance that gives it a unique tone and dynamic response.
That's why we sampled three different hardwares (found in London, Los Angeles and Milan studios), and packed them into a unique plugin.
Compression curve tweaking
A trimmer inside the original unit allowed to change the compression characteristic from soft-knee to hard-knee by changing the biasing current of the feedback amplifier.
The Comp670 brings this control on the front panel allowing to tweak the compressor response to dynamic.