DOPAMINE: the new way to enhance your tracks
Overloud DOPAMINE is the emulation of two classic tape encoding processors, used as enhancers.
It is designed to revive individual tracks as well as complex mixes while preserving their natural tone. Overloud DOPAMINE does not introduce unpleasant artefacts like the exciters do: in fact it dynamically balances the harmonics that naturally exist in the original audio rather than generating non-existent harmonics by synthesizing them.
"I've tried lots of these “exciter” type plugins and nothing has come close till now. This is really, really great—better than my modified cards in the old school Dolby rack. Nice work Overloud!"
- Joe Barresi (Tool, Queens of the Stone Age, Soundgarden, Bad Religion ...)
Features at a glance
- NEW! Resizable graphic interface
- Replicates the enhancing side of the tape noise reduction units
- Simulates two classic processors: the 180 and the 361
- Simulates two cartridges: the A-Type and the Stressor
- Naturally enhances the audio by balancing the harmonic content
- Allows to tweak the dynamic action of the effect
- Very low cpu usage: you can open the plugin on each track of the session with a negligible cpu load
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
How does it work?
Overloud DOPAMINE is a particular kind of enhancer used in early forms of magnetic tapes noise reduction. The tape was encoded by dynamically brightening the signal then, while playing back, the tape was decoded by taking off the extra brightness and, consequently, reducing the the tape hiss.
The audio engineers realized that the tape encoding process was a desirable effect on many kind of audio so they started to use this process in parallel with the original tracks to add liveliness. Overloud DOPAMINE replicates this process.
COMPOSE YOUR CUSTOM BUNDLE AND SAVE
You can purchase a bundle of 3 or 5 plug-ins and unlock the Gem plug-ins of your choice.